Monday, April 5, 2010

Are You Asking for Help to Fail?

Never under estimate the power of a first impression.

If you look successful, the public will assume you will be successful.

If you look amateurish, the public will assume you will fail and help you.


Have you ever walked into a new business, looked around and immediately said to yourself...”They will never last long”? After that thought...what was your reaction? I would imagine it was one of two. 1. Aww...These folks need my help, I will patronize them everyday to keep them in business. or 2. Did you avoid going back because you knew they wouldn’t b around long? I would guess the latter...and so did everyone else!


What was the problem? You may not be able to put your finger on it, but I would imagine it was a lack of branding. I have worked with clients that was afraid of not lasting and so they wanted tp put a minimum investment into the business. And because they did, the first impression was accurately perceived and prophecy was fulfilled.


Giving your business the right identity is not that expensive in the long run. I assure you it is much less expensive than loosing the business. Don’t ask your customers to help you fail...They will take you up on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment